One of the most critical procedures in applying for a student visa in Australia is writing a persuasive Genuine Temporary Entrant “GTE” Statement.
It is a prerequisite for the Student Visa and the most common reason why student visas are denied by the Department of Home Affairs.
Students must be able to persuade immigration that they are pursuing their education for the appropriate reasons.
We hope that these tips will assist you in obtaining a student visa:
- In your GTE Statement, be realistic: this is most likely the most essential GTE criteria.
- Explain your personal circumstances in your native country: the case officer wants to know if you have strong ties to your homeland.
- Explain why you choose this particular education provider: how does it compare to other education providers offering a comparable course?
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the industry or course you are studying: Immigration will like to see that you have considered the industry in which you intend to study.
- Always describe the course’s future usefulness to you: Immigration wants to know how studying that specific course will assist you.
- Explain your immigration history, including which countries you’ve visited and which visas you’ve previously granted to visit Australia.
- Explain why you opted to study in Australia rather than your home country: if there are choices to study the same course in your home country, explain how studying this degree in Australia offers you better prospects.
- Please provide the following documents as supporting evidence: Documentary evidence should be used to support your GTE statement.
- Explain if there is any connection between this course and anything you’ve already studied before?
- We believe it is more useful for you to study a course that is related to something you have already studied.
When you are applying for a student visa, it is usually preferable to have a broad GTE statement. Being truthful in your statement and supporting it with evidence and other relevant information will always strengthen your case and increase your chances of visa approval. If you want to apply for a student visa, please get in touch with us. We can also help you apply for Overseas Student Health Insurance and other migration services.